Seniors & Seniors Business Discount Card

Seniors Card and Seniors Business Discount Card holders can take advantage of discounts and special offers on goods and services from more than 4,000 participating businesses.

If you’re a Seniors Card holder, you’re also eligible for free or concession public transport.

Any permanent resident of Victoria who is aged 60 years and over and who is retired or working less than 35 hours per week can have a Seniors Card. There is no income or assets test, and people may apply irrespective of the age or employment status of a partner.

Seniors Card application forms are available at all Post Offices or apply online.

The Seniors Business Discount Card is available to Australian residents aged 60 years and over who permanently reside in Victoria, and work 35 hours or more per week. The Seniors Business Discount Card does not provide public transport concessions.

You will need to use the online application form to apply for a Seniors Business Discount Card.

Web: Tel: 1300 797 210

Pensioner Concession Card

You may be eligible for a Pensioner Concession Card if you receive:

  • The Age Pension
  • Bereavement Allowance
  • Carer Payment
  • Disability Support Pension
  • Newstart Allowance or Youth Allowance and are single, caring for a dependent child and looking for work
  • Parenting Payment single

You don’t need to apply for a Pensioner Concession Card. Centrelink will send you one if you are eligible.

If you are 60 years of age or older you may get a card if for more than 9 months you have been getting:

  • Newstart Allowance
  • Parenting Payment partnered
  • Partner Allowance
  • Sickness Allowance
  • Special Benefit, or
  • Widow Allowance

You may also get a card if you have a partial capacity to work and you are getting:

  • Newstart Allowance
  • Parenting Payment partnered
  • Youth Allowance as a job seeker

If you find a job, you may be able to keep your card for a short time.

Commonwealth Seniors Health Card

You may be eligible for a Commonwealth Seniors Health Card if you have reached Age Pension age and you do not qualify for a payment from Centrelink or the Department of Veterans’ Affairs and meet the income test, and are an Australian citizen currently living in Australia.

Department of Veterans’ Affairs

300 La Trobe Street Melbourne 3000
Tel: 1800 555 254

The Department of Veterans’ Affairs provides support and information to veterans and their dependants.

Australian Defence Force personnel, war widows/ widowers, Australian participants in British Nuclear Tests in Australia, members of the Australian Federal Police and students, teachers and historians.

The services DVA provide include:

  • pensions and compensation,
  • health care,
  • rehabilitation,
  • counselling services,
  • help for servicemen and women returning to civilian life,
  • commemorative and community grants,
  • home care assistance,
  • subsidised loans for housing and other housing- related benefits,
  • commemorative activities,
  • historical information.

DVA’s commemorations program promotes understanding of Australia’s wartime history and the significance of national events such as Anzac Day, Remembrance Day and Vietnam Veterans’ Day.

For further information regarding services contact DVA on 1800 555 254 or visit their website at

Veterans’ Review Board

14th Floor, 300 La Trobe Street, Melbourne 3000
Tel: 1300 550 460

VRB hears appeals by people who have had an application for a pension or benefit rejected by the Department of Veterans’ Affairs.